Another Spring has passed and another Exchange is in the books. Numerous utilities and industry experts descended upon the Texas capital and the JW Marriott, for Landis+Gyr’s annual user conference. With over 700 attendees this year, Exchange 2017 was filled with countless handshakes, hugs, introductions, and renewed acquaintances.
This year’s theme focused on Gaining the Edge and gave us great insight into industry trends and successes. Utilities, analysts, trusted partners, and Landis+Gyr experts shared ways to maximize all that you have been doing to get future ready and the impacts you’ve made. Utility speakers included Austin Energy, Ameren, Oncor, United Illuminating, PSE&G, CenterPoint Energy, EPCOR, WEC Energy Group, Heart of Texas, TEPCO, and more.
Over three days of enlightening breakout sessions, user forums, training sessions, utility case studies, and guest speakers, both challenged and inspired us. Session topics ranged from:
- Innovative Strategies for Demand-side Management
- Lessons from TEPCO - the World's Largest Smart Grid
- What's New in Command Center?
- Anatomy of an AMI Cyber Attack
- New Advancements in Electric Metering
- Leveraging Big Data: From “Connected” to “Smart”
- Applying Elite Meter Intelligence to Large Electric Customers
- Historical Meter Data: Archiving and Purging Strategies
- You Have Options – The Many Ways to Manage Peak
- Maximizing BIG DATA for Advanced Grid Analytics – Use Case Reviews
- And much more…
We wrapped the event with an amazing reception and appreciation dinner full of great food, laughs, and fun. It was a great experience for all who attended, but don’t panic if you missed out. Mark your calendars and join us for Exchange 2018, which will be held in Minneapolis, MN from April 30th-May 3rd. We hope to see you there!